If you are looking to hang out with a cool crowd then LinkedIn may not be made for you but if you really want to focus on your profession with the equally focused crowd then you are at right place and that is LinkedIn but you find this place little boring. Am I right?
So today I am presenting some very interesting reasons how this boring LinkedIn can be beneficial for you to grow in your business-
- LinkedIn is more focused on work not on entertainment – Most LinkedIn users are more focused on their professional life as they look for the resources that can help them growing in their business. So if you want to talk about your passion, shopping, books, movies or even personal life then you won’t be able to find much of an interested audience on LinkedIn. Here you can build your profile to capture more contacts with in your industry that makes LinkedIn a lot like a business networking event which is different from Face book’s fun events. The advantage of being on LinkedIn is that you can improve your professional life and can get the required pace which you deserve according to your qualifications and skills.
- More focus on words as no photo or video sharing – Photos and videos get more attention than the text messages as we can see this thing on face book and even on pint rest too where photos are the whole focus. LinkedIn is much different in this case. You can use photos only as your profile picture. You can find videos only as embedded in company’s pages. Although it’s not interesting like Facebook but it provides you a great opportunity to keep the audience focused by its text dominant quality.
- Less activity overall similar to less noise and more certain direction – You can use LinkedIn as an opportunity to stand out from the crowd because very few people update their status unlike Facebook and twitter thus you can simply get the attention by sharing what you know.
- You can utilize your time here- Unlike Facebook, twitter and pint rest where you used to lose hours while doing nothing important. Here on LinkedIn you get instantly what you want as you log in. I haven’t heard anyone saying that I have wasted my time on LinkedIn. It is more action oriented and intentional than any other site because people don’t use LinkedIn to kill time.
- You have full control over your message – Your Facebook profile is shaped by people in your network by mentioning your name in status updates and also by tagging in photos. What if you want only work related messages so that you can focus more on your work? Then you are at right place if you are on LinkedIn. There is no wall or tagging so that you can use this opportunity to engage with people in professional way.
Yes!! I agree that LinkedIn is little boring as compare to Facebook and Twitter but in its structure it contains various hidden benefits for you. So, now it’s up to you that how well you grab those benefits to get success in your professional life.